11/07/2006

Attiude

There are more ways a person can be handicapped than to be robbed of physical abilities. I've seen able-bodied people in much worse shape because their attitudes are disabled. The four most handicapping words in the English language are can't, won't, don't and yeah-but.

Don't be handicapped by your attitude. You can be anything you want to be. The only things stopping you are negative thoughts, fear, doubt, and lack of self-belief. Or, you might be overly concerned about what others might think, especially once you begin to act or think differently from your peers.

One of my favorite sayings is, "What other people think of me is none of my business." And guess what, other people don't really think about you that much. Too much potential is hampered and lost because people don't believe in themselves. You have the right to be as great as you can be. In fact, take it as a responsibility. You should develop yourself to your full potential or you are wasting your life. Find your talents and nurture them. There are hundreds of personal development courses around today that do a lot of good. The Parelli program, using horses as the metaphor, teaches us so much about developing positive human qualities.

Hang around people with positive and progressive attitudes. Don't talk with people who tell you that you can't or shouldn't. If I'd listened to all the negative, fearful, insecure or jealous people who told me I shouldn't do what I wanted to do, I would never have done what I have done. Successful people with positive attitudes will always support you unconditionally. Take only the advice of people who have the qualities and achievements in life that you admire.It takes guts to change patterns, but the rewards are so worth it.

Our horses need us to be the best we can be.

To become a horseman there are six keys. The first of those keys is attitude.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger